Thursday, February 07, 2008

Good Vibrations

I always seem to mess up in February. Maybe because it's a short month. And this year in particular, it arrives much too fast.

Anyway, I'm a day late to pay tribute to the passing of Beach Boy Carl Wilson.

It was ten years ago yesterday that Carl's amazing voice was silenced.

Carl Wilson
12/21/46 - 2/6/98

I'm currently at a cafe with internet access where I've been scouring youtube to see what I might find on Carl. I found something new that looks to be a real gem, but the internet here is sporadic at best so I haven't been able to watch it all the way through - it stops every 3 seconds for a break. But it says it was shot as a promo for Good Vibrations on October 23, 1966 - long before the invention of the music video - so, I'm betting it's classic.



Okay, now I saw it all the way through. Definitely classic. I think the boys jumped on the idea because, like all little boys, they wanted to ride the fire truck.

I have always loved The Beach Boys. And I always will.

No comments: