Sunday, September 17, 2006

Led Zeppelin

It feels so good to be back with my pictures. So much writing in the past month, where the only pictures were conjured up scenes in my head. Scanning some Led Zeppelin was the perfect remedy for my rewrite burnout.

If you've been reading this blog since its inception, or have taken the time to peruse the archives, you know I love Led Zeppelin.

From the day I purchased Led Zeppelin II, I have loved Led Zeppelin. And, thankfully, I never get tired of them. I never skip over their songs when my iPod is on shuffle. And when I write and am having trouble igniting my creative juices, it's Led Zeppelin that I turn on to turn me on.

No surprise that I listened to a lot of Led Zeppelin over the past several weeks. They really helped me cross the finish line with my latest rewrite. Thanks, boys.

Since I promised to post a rock'n'roll picture, I decided it had to be Led Zeppelin. Can't give you any John Bonham - saving him for the book. I am, however, showing you one of my favorites. Actually, if I had to pick my favorite photograph from everything I've shot, this could be it. Definitely in my top five. I don't know why. It doesn't even show their faces. But for me, it has a lot of "feel." I hope you agree.


I still want to put this one in the book, even though in my less than scientific poll, everyone said "dead guys only, unless they're in the picture with the live guys." I might just have to composite Bonzo in here somewhere. Maybe a close-up of his face ghosted in the background, as if he's watching them from heaven. (I'm really, really good with phtoshop.)

***This and all other photos posted on this site fall under my copyright. Please do not download them or reproduce them in any form without my written consent. Thank you!***


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, so you like Seattle red snapper huh? (wink)

One Wink at a Time said...

Zeppelin rocks!

Anonymous said...

Hello Deborah- I am making a website- that chronicles all the Zeppelin tours. I put rare pics etc in the order of the setlist for the paticular tour or show. You can see some of my work on the http://www.led-zeppelin.com in the photo section. You will have to go back thru the pages but any photo thread started by Davidzoso is me. I have had several people let me use their private photos. Anyway email me and we can talk some more. Thanks David- piecutter2004@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

That picture of you sitting on the grass with those glasses on---Was this picture of you taken in the early 80's, 82 maybe