Saturday, September 02, 2006

Time Crunch - Part Trois

So my prayer was answered. They took a long time to read Act 1. Twelve days, to be exact. Too bad I didn't take advantage of it. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, scroll down and read Time Crunch and Time Crunch - Part Deux)

Today's email from my person relating the message from their person (the one who requested the first act) (I'm wondering if that person only works on weekends):

Subject - Hey, Deep End Babe... (That's from my person and there is no way I can explain that subject, so we'll just have to go with 'inside joke')

Guess what?

>>"I read your first act. It is interesting. Please send a hard copy of your screenplay."

I think this means you'll be writing faster.

I'll be glad to take a cat-o-nine-tails to your ass. And after that I'll do something to get you to write faster. (Pleasure before business, I always say.)

Hondele Pronto Godammit

-- Zorro

(OK, just so you know...that last part was in jest...no sexual harrassment lawsuits will be filed) (...and my person is not really Zorro - he just played one on TV (also a joke))

So, like I said...too bad I didn't take full advantage of those twelve days. I still have 9 new scenes to write and 22 scenes to rewrite. Then, of course, there's the read-through for all my fuck-ups and another pass to polish.

I will be calling on a couple of my friends - you know who you are - for quick reads. If you don't want to hear from me, let me know. If you want to hear from me, let me know. I won't be calling on Zorro to take his cat-o-nine-tails to my ass.

I'm in a heap o' trouble here...........HELP!!!!

Oh yeah, I also wish to keep this anti-jinx thing going. (figure I have to mention it to keep it going)

And Happy Labor Day to those of you who are in labor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing the comment thing again and trying to break your jinx

Anonymous said...

oops, that was me Moviequill... I am getting there.. trying a post under OTHER

MaryAn Batchellor said...

xnij, xnij, xnij

There ya go. Done.

Anonymous said...

BTW, how did you manage to get one of Scott's scripts to read?... Cool stuff

writergurl said...

As per usual, I'm late tot he party but I wanted to add my "Go girl, go!" to the non jinxed mix!

Go get'm tiger!