Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Book

As you all know, I received an advance shipment of fifty books on Monday.

Thought you all might like to see it. Here are the boxes that arrived via FedEx from Hong Kong:
And here they all are lined up in the bookshelf:
But they didn't stay long...33 of the 50 books immediately went out on request to some major media mavens, such as Newsweek, People, Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly. Hopefully, all who requested books will write something cool, and not just give it away as a Christmas present.

Oh, and one went out to an entertainment executive interested in something to do with the book that I can't talk about yet. But I can say it garnered my first written review via email:
"The book is fucking gorgeous. Congratulations! J."

I think I'll just leave it at that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

aggiebrett said...

So 33 of 50 went out to various bigwigs, muckity-mucks and schnoggwogglers...

... and thus some of the remaining 17 went out to folks who shelled out money some time ago for copies of the books, right?

Right?

Hmph.

I do and do and do for you kids, and this is the thanks I get.
.
.
.
B

PS-- they look purty.

Chesher Cat said...

Well, since many more than 17 folks shelled out money some time ago it would be impossible for me to pick and choose who I would send a book to first. Actually, it would be completely unfair.

And besides, you know if I sent them all out Oprah would call and say I could be on her show if I can get a book to her immediately. Then what would I do?

And besides Part Deux, you will get a sneak peek next week...and if you don't like it you can demand your money back. To which I will say, "Sorry, Sucka!"

P.S. Thanks...?...

One Wink at a Time said...

I bet this kinda feels like being a new mama! So happy for you :-)