Thursday, May 29, 2008

Book Expo America

London Book Fair April 2008

It seems like yesterday that I was combing the aisles of the London Book Fair.

And now it's time for the BEA. It officially starts tomorrow but I'll be there this afternoon to set up an Everybody I Shot Is Dead display in a space my Canadian distributor has kindly offered me. Fortunately, it's in L.A. this year so I don't have to travel. Well, getting downtown to the Convention Center can be like getting to another country. Especially today. The L.A. Lakers are looking to snuff out the Spurs in game 5 at the Staples Center which is next door to the Convention Center.

Last year the Expo was in New York. I went with a mock-up of my book that had all the pictures in it but most of the text was in bits and pieces. Thinking back, I have no idea how I got it finished for the July print deadline.

This year will be different. I now have a finished book to show. And I'm looking forward to meeting and chatting with the booksellers and librarians who trek in from all corners of the country.

If you're planning to be at the BEA stop by and say hello. I'll be at Booth 4322.

No comments: