Monday, May 19, 2008

Steve Currie Again

You may recall I recently did a tribute to T-Rex bass player Steve Currie. Just 3 weeks ago to be exact. The 27th anniversary of his passing.

This is one of the things that disturbed me when I compiled Everybody I Shot Is Dead. Not just the fact that all these great musicians died, but that so many of them died right before their birthdays. I don't think that's fair. When it comes to death, holidays and birthdays should be avoided at all cost.

Today we are celebrating Steve's 61st birthday. If you didn't catch the tribute on his passing, here again is the one and only photograph I took of him.

And some footage of him and his fellow members of T-Rex:


Rock On!

2 comments:

One Wink at a Time said...

Several things:
Thanks so much for this. I'd never seen T Rex perform until just now, can you believe it?
Bang A Gong is one of my very favorite songs, to this day.
I could watch that dude play that tambourine all day.
Its hard to believe any member of T Rex could be 61 years old.
Those yellow bell-bottoms were (are) pretty amazing...

Anonymous said...

THANKYOU FOR THE MEMORY!