Thursday, April 06, 2006

Confession

I wasn't going to mention this but keeping it inside is making me feel guilty.

When I heard that Gene Pitney died, I immediately went in my office to scan a photo and post the sad news. I keep my slide boxes in two separate file boxes; one for the musicians who have died and one for those who are alive. I couldn't find the Gene Pitney shots. I remembered that about six months ago, I put his slides in the dead person box. Then I remembered putting them back in the live box. I had checked out all the people I shot. I knew Gene wasn't dead. But I guess when I was sorting pictures a couple of months ago, I inadvertently put his slides back in the dead person box, for a second time. Because that's where I found them this morning. I felt really bad about them being in the wrong file box.

For some reason, there's a box of Pink Floyd slides in there, too. I'm going to take them out of the dead box right now.

No comments: