As you know, I am in the process of creating my book. I have a lot of great photographs (yes, I know you'll be the judge of that) and I have a lot of great stories (including my own). And being that creating anything is a process, the ideas I have for the book are in constant flux and basically bouncing off the walls of my brain.
In a moment of brilliance, or weakness (I'm not sure which, yet), I decided to throw the 'making of' out into Blogdom Come. Not sure if I was looking for a way to market the book or validate it, or what. But now that it's out here, I've decided to make my creative process democratic and let every voice be heard.
So, here are a few of my questions to start:
1. Should it be a traditional coffee table photography book full of pictures with minimal captions?
2. Should it be #1 with biographies of the musicians?
3. Should it be #1 with my personal stories (how personal should they be?) and short biography sidebars?
4. Do you think it's even possible to step outside the box and present a hybrid coffee table book to the publishing house?
5. What would you call it? A Photomoir (photography + memoir)? Any ideas?
I'm hoping to start a lively discussion here. Like a writers room. Help me create a book that you want to have on your coffee table (and open repeatedly).