Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lowell George Photo Winner Exposed

I just got an email from David Chamness, the winner of the Lowell George photo contest I ran a while back. On Saturday, I sent him the first part of his prize - an original photo I took of Lowell in concert. David was kind enough to let me pick, which wasn't all that kind after all, because it was really tough to choose one I thought he might like. I didn't want to disappoint him. Anyway, since he is such a huge fan of Lowell, I finally decided on a shot where Lowell was looking into my camera. That way, whenever David feels the urge, he can have a little talk with Lowell. Eye to eye.

Enough of my blabbering. What I really want to share is the email David sent along with the picture I requested, of him with his new Lowell George photo:

Hi Deborah,
Thank you for the picture, I love it. What a great shot! I will have to frame it and find a special place to hang it. I really do envy you for being there during that time, and for having such a great talent with a camera.
So you want a picture of a middle-aged software developer in return. Be careful what you ask for... ;-)
Thanks again,
David
Thanks for winning, David. I couldn't be happier to have one of my Lowell George photographs hanging on your wall. And I love that Little Feat poster. How sadly sweet does Lowell look in that picture? BTW, whose guitar is that?

6 comments:

Harry Funk said...

That's certainly a cool poster, David! It beats the heck out of Little Feat without Lowell, which ain't Little Feat ...

RollUmEasy said...

That was a Warner Bros. promo poster for the Hoy-Hoy album. I got it from a record store window a looooong time ago. Yeah, Lowell does look pretty 'relaxed' there, doesn't he?

And the strat on the wall is (of course) mine, as is the Craftsman 11/16 socket (not pictured). I've got all the tools, but none of the talent...

Chesher Cat said...

Talent is highly overrated. It's heart that really counts.

Anonymous said...

Very nice poster. I just saw one of LG's strats at the R&R Hall of Fame. It made me sad, I miss him. Little Feat has became little feat to me after his passing. As good as the band still is, LG left some large shoes to fill.

Anonymous said...

oops....

Unknown said...

Little Feat without Lowell George, is like a fart without the smell. Still sounds great....... but some how....It just ain't the same