Sunday, May 07, 2006

What's In A Name?

Okay, this is way off topic. I can't for the life of me figure out how I can justify this on my blog. It has nothing to do with my book. I didn't shoot the pictures. Hell, she's not even dead. But I guess sometimes it's okay to go way off topic...step outside of the proverbial box. So, here we go. I've had a special request and decided, why not? Usually, this kind of request is saved for a new panda at the zoo, or a new baby. Not this time. This time it's for a girl. She wants to change her name.

And she asked me to post her pictures on my blog and have all of you suggest names. One that suits her. I guess she doesn't think her name does. She's looking for a first name and a middle name. I'm not going to tell you what her current name is - no swaying here. Wouldn't it be funny of everyone suggested her real name? So, if you happen to know her or her name, please don't mention it. Okay...now it's up to you...

What name does this girl look like to you?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andie Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Alyssa or Audrey

Anonymous said...

Tough call, without knowing something about her, besides the pics...

She looks both soft (a girl you'd want to cuddle with) and a bit sly (a girl you'd want to tussle with).

Seasonal theme: Summer
One of the boys theme: Andi

Guess my suggestion is Andi Summer.

Important question... what does her voice sound like? Is she soft-spoken? Throaty?

Because that will be the first time most folks hear the name... when she says it.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute... Andy Summers... okay, so scratch that pairing.

(But notice how the suggestion veers the topic slightly back to rock 'n' roll.)

Still think she looks like a Summer, though.

Chesher Cat said...

Nice one anonymous...appreciate you putting the post back on topic.

Maybe all the name suggestions should be names of our favorite rock stars or girls names from songs. Guess that's a place to start.

As far as soft or sly, I would assume all of the above.

Anonymous said...

Gracias, CC.

BTW, found your site, via Artful Writer... you should come play with us, in the Lounge, or talk screenwriting with us, in the Office. It's a good group of folks.

Chesher Cat said...

Thanks for the invite. Who are you? And who's buying the margaritas?

Anonymous said...

Me?

Just an Urban Cowboy.

And since the margarita was invented in my hometown of Dallas, I reckon I'll wave down the first pitcher, if and when you meander in.

BTW, love the title of the forthcoming book... very clever, piques the interest.

Kirsten said...

Virginia. I can't come up with a second name.