Thursday, March 27, 2008

Food for Thought

A few days ago, I was out for breakfast at Dupar’s in Studio City – haven’t been there in forever. Actually, I think it was Easter Sunday. We had started out trying to go to Toast but it was too crowded, then Joan’s On Third which was closed. So, we went to Swingers and easily got a table outside. It took a half hour for the waitress to take our order, after she had taken the orders of three tables that sat after us. We went with it only because we figured it would take longer to go somewhere else...that is until the food arrived another half hour later…and was stone cold.

We left, drove back to the Valley, bitched for a while and ended up at Dupar's, where I started messing with my new iphone. I started thinking it might be cool to do an iphone photography book after taking this still life picture…

Then I took a picture of what was left of my plate of food...

I thought the picture was pretty cool (I like the old school plate) and decided it would make an interesting travelogue if I photographed every meal I ate on my trip.

I arrived in NY last night at 7:30 and made it into the city by around 9:30. It was too late to go to my favorite NY eatery (that will surely be covered today) so my kid took me to one of his neighborhood get-it-quick food stomps (I think it was called Europan)...where I promptly forgot about my travelogue theme. But I didn't forget to shoot what it was:

I had a cup of lentil soup with a sesame roll and a piece of strawberry cheesecake (hey, it's NY). All quite yummy. The top half of the tray was Tyler's chicken noodle soup, sesame roll and Dr. Pepper. By the time I got back to the apartment at 11:30pm I was pretty beat, even though it was only 8:30 LA time. It was quite a feat preparing for this trip while simultaneously trying to keep up with the regular workflow. I was asleep by 12:30am and up by 8 this morning eating this breakfast in the dark in order not to wake the sleeping kid who had obviously decided to skip his morning class (which I can't bitch about because he's paying for his own edumication).

Oh, I also ate the leftover half of that delicious sesame roll pictured above.

Now I'm here...

...drinking the rest of breakfast, writing this blog entry and spending the next 1.5 hours trying to finish my screenplay rewrite, which I promised to send my producing partner last night. Oops.

Then it's off to pick up the rental car - needed for picking up the book and print shipment for the Fest for Beatle Fans that starts tomorrow - then spending the afternoon prepping for the Fest and ending with an in-studio interview on the Joey Reynolds Show at WOR radio at 10:20 tonight. Not sure if the interview is live since the website says his show is from midnight-5am, but you can listen to it on the internet by clicking the

I 'm really going to try and post every day, since I'm guessing it's not a travelogue (or should I say travelblog) if I don't.

No comments: