Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A New Haircut

Early last month I gave up the gym for the swimming pool.

Within a few days it was apparent that my long hair was going to be a pain in the neck/ass while swimming laps. Every time I'd turn my head to breathe I'd get a mouthful of hair. Yes, I know there's this new-fangled invention called a bathing cap but I don't like like 'em. I don't even wear goggles in the pool. It's just me and my bathing suit.

Since the cap thing was not an option, I rectified the problem by scuttling on over to the local he-she trendy barbershop where I could get a cut for thirty bucks from (as it turned out) a chick with Munsters tattoos all over her arms. I may have mentioned that my table at the NY BeatleFest was next to none other than Eddie Munster. I'm now wondering if there is a connection between these events.

I told her I wanted to take two or three inches off so I could still throw it in a ponytail. She asked. "Just below the shoulder?" I said, "That would be fine." She picked up her scissors and started snipping away. Snip snip snip snip snip. I felt like I was in Edward Scissorhands' chair. Or better yet, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

When I walked in, I looked something like this:

Long hair. (photo by Cucumber Rob)

When I walked out, I looked something like this:

Now, you may think this looks all OK but I took this photo after I swam, after I had a shower, after I used the blow dryer and after I used a bunch of hair product. Completely against my wash and quick dry principles.

And if I don't do the full blow-dry and add the hair products it looks exactly like this:

Seriously.



(Crap. I just outed my new camera - well, new in early June. I didn't mean to do that. I am working on a post about cameras which I will eventually finish and put up, along with all the posts about my recent shootings.)

No comments: