Monday, January 19, 2009

Dream On

Martin Luther King. A true rock star. A man with a dream. And how appropriate that we are celebrating his birthday the day before Barack Obama is being sworn in as the 44th president of the United States.

Here is Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech (well worth the 17 mins)...



This is a great day, and a great time in general, to think about our own dreams.

Although I think a dream is useless if it just remains a dream. So, I'll say this is a great day to make a plan. A plan to turn our dreams into reality. Dreams are pretty easy as they only require thought. The plan takes a lot more effort. But now that I think about it, a plan is also useless if it just remains a plan.

So, I'll say once we make the plan, today (and/or tomorrow and the next day) is a great day to enact the plan. Enactment is the hardest part. I guess that's why the enactment of the plan is where most of our dreams are derailed. Then we become an "I shoulda, coulda, woulda" person. I don't want to be one of those. Do you?

Dream, plan, enact. Dream, plan, enact. Dream, plan, enact.

No comments: