Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm Having Fun

Wow, I've received tons of feedback from people really enjoying the contest, picking between the film photos and digital photos. Well, I really appreciate each and every one of you who have participated. It was been a real eye-opener for me and is inspiring me to take this discussion further once the winners are determined.

I've decided to give the contest an extra 48 hours, mainly because I just sent notification about the contest out to my mailing list and I want to give them the chance to participate, since they are supposed to be the VIPs who get the first shot at everything. And speaking of my mailing list, I'd love for all my new Twitter friends and any other new friends of the blog to sign up. It's super simple...just go to and you'll see a little box below the menu bar on the left. Type your email address in the box that says "email" and click the "Sign Me Up" button.

Speaking of my website, I still haven't posted anything on there about the contest - another reason to extend - someone please remind me to do that first thing tomorrow. Anyway, the reason you want to sign up is that I notify my mailing list of new things that are happening before I blog it (okay, except this time I kinda screwed up) and sometimes I do specials that only go to the mailing list. It's especially important now because I have a couple of huge announcements coming up, including a very special event (hopefully) that's in the planning stages. Also good to know, I don't send out spammy stuff, I don't email people more than once a month (today's was only the second email this year) and I never share or sell your email address with anyone. I hate it when people do that.

In other social networking news, I would love to connect with more people on . So, if you're on there, please send me a . You'll get to know another side of me over there as it's more instantaneous than my blog. As an example, I like to post mobile photos up there...mostly goofy stuff such as today's photo, titled "Eating a Burger on the Corner of Hollywood and Highland":

Notice the stealth-like way I integrated today's photo into the post?

And my new favorite way to waste time and procrastinate is Twitter. Are you on Twitter? This is . Please follow me (sheesh, that sounds stupid, like I'm the Pied Piper or something). I've met a lot of people over there. Some of you are probably reading this right now. The thing I love about it is your posts are limited to 140 characters. It's fun to exercise and stretch one's writing skills...you gotta be brief...ybe good at bantering...and make sure you're not boring. Twitter is where I got the fodder for my post. Here's what my Twitter page looks like right now:

See, I said Hi to you. The only drawback of Twitter is the addiction factor, which led me to post this little diddy: I'm going into the basement to mix up some medicine...not coming out 'til I come up with a pill to cure Twitter addiction...KER-CHING!!!

Anyway, that's enough social networking crap for one post. It's time for me to get the sleep I thought I was going to get last night, but didn't. My apologies for typos and poor grammar in this post...my eyeballs are falling out so there's no editing or rewriting tonight.

If you haven't done the contest thing, go .

1 comment:

Chesher Cat said...

Apologies to those of you who are on right now and the links in this post didn't work. There fixed now so please refresh your page and have at it.

Of course, this is pointless because you won't access this comment unless you've refreshed the page.

I'm an Oxymoron