Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sometimes You Win

I never win anything. Never. Well...until today. Now I will have to say almost never. A new friend that I made on twitter during my faux rant on John Mayer had a little contest on her blog, .

The contest required no skill...she just wanted people to to comment with songs she might like so she could expand her music base. She picked the winner by feeding everyone's name into random.com or org and it shuffled the names and came up with numero uno...moi aka Chesher Cat. A copy of Diary of an Anorexic Girl was/is the prize...

I was keen to win because my girl runs a blog for , a charity organization that works to change the effect media has on the self esteem of girls and young women. I thought the book would be a good read and possibly something she could share on the blog. Plus, I wanted to turn Jennifer aka Ex Hot Girl on to at least one song that she hadn't heard before (I'll save that one for another post).

The posts at About-Face are written by several volunteers. Jaimie edits and organizes the posts and also writes her own posts. My two favorites of Jaimie's posts so far are which opens with this fun picture...

...and , about a cosmetic store with a positive message on their front window...

All good stuff to remember if you're around young girls trying to figure out who they are while being bombarded with the message that skinny and airbrushed = perfection in women. Please let them know it's what they have on the inside that will make them beautiful on the outside...and that creativity and self-expression is the key to a fulfilled soul.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love it, thank you for the shout out! And seriously, I'm glad it made your day. :)~

~Jenn