Friday, September 04, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yeah, I know it's not. I'm not that stupid. But it was on Ventura Boulevard today.

It was this . Go ahead, click on it and check out all those names. I'll wait.

Do you know how I knew it was a really big movie? First thing that gave it away was all the crew people standing around doing nothing. Secondly, the people that were working were unstacking a ton of cases of water and sodas and packaged snacks. Thirdly, the trucks were shiny and there was tons of gear. Really nice gear. Like this giant soft box attached to a cherry picker that could have been a crane...

I would have been salivating if I wasn't parched from already walking a couple of miles and the water left in my bottle almost reaching the boiling point.

I talked to one crew guy for a minute or two and asked him what they were shooting. He told me and then rattled off a few names. I asked him what he was doing. He said transportation. That's probably why he was standing in the shade shooting the breeze with one of his buddies. Great work if you can get it.

No comments: