Thursday, May 07, 2009

Glad I Stayed Up

Look what just landed in my email inbox from someone who was at Hotel Cafe tonight...

Some of you may be surprised to know that I actually follow this guy on Twitter. He has a great sense of humor and a witty intellect that really suits 140 characters. But over the past 12 hours his tweets have been fraught with melancholy. In fact, I was getting a little worried about him.

Now I know I need not fret. Tonight he played some music in a tiny club to real live humans and, although I wasn't there to witness it, I'm guessing he got the jolt he needed...much like what playing in a small club did for Michael Bloomfield the last time I saw him play live at the Troubadour.

It's kismet that the tome he is holding landed in his hand tonight...because if he takes the time to look inside I believe he will find some inspiration from those who came before him...further proof that my sweet dead rock stars continue work in mysterious ways.

Rock on, John!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That's so awesome. Didn't you offer to send him this book? So did you, or did he buy it, or did someone give it to him? ;)

((le sigh)) - It's a kick ass book though, for real.

CooperCA said...

That's wicked cool! Thank God it's filled with awesome photos -- not sure he can read.

Steve B said...

Glad to see he got your book! Nothing like a small venue to get a dose of Gravity. I can't imagine being in his shoes. He's at a point in his career where he can do anything he puts his mind to. It's always good to get back to basics, to remember why your doing what you do.