Monday, May 04, 2009

Paul Butterfield

I don't have to tell you who Paul Butterfield is, right? Or do I?

I'll let Michael Bloomfield tell you, "You can quote me on this, man...Butterlfield's something else. He feels it, he's in there all the way. Butterfield is a blues singer. There's no white bullshit with Butterfield, white-colored thing with him. He's there. And if he was green it wouldn't make any difference. If he was a planaria, a tuna fish sandwich, Butterfield would be into the blues."

Paul Butterfield passed away 22 years ago. I had some good times with him...and miss his presence on the planet.


12/17/42-5/4/87

I love this video...not only for Paul Butterfield but for all the shots of the audience..Monterey 1967...must have been cool to be there...







You can see lots more pictures and learn more about Paul Butterfield and the 47 other musicians in my tribute book, .



No comments: