Sunday, May 10, 2009

Road Trip Diary Day 1

Things that happened on Friday...

1. I got a late start: The plan was to leave at 3pm after delivering all the Cannes artworks, collecting the checks and hitting the bank. But on the way to my last delivery I received a phone call from an actress you've all heard of asking if I could get a poster done for her to take to Cannes. I would have said no but I was so impressed that she called me herself (I'd never met her) and was willing to drive to me in order to get the job done. She came by at three and we ended up working on it until five and then I had to finish packing the car and go to the bank. I was way too rushed or should I say I rushed too much and...

2. I forgot my cameras: I had that sinking feeling as I was climbing the Grapevine. "I don't remember putting the camera bag in the car." Too late to turn back. But I really need the still and video camera on this trip for reasons that will come to light in future Road Trip Diary postings.

3. Witnessed: 352 suicides...by windshield.

4. Saw the sun set: These were taken between 7:37pm and 8:17pm, in this order, while driving...do not try this at home...






5. I learned what my handicap is: Lucky for me my handicap is a six-foot long right arm...


7. I was completely burned out: Even though my Cannes output wasn't nearly what it was in past years I was still dog-tired by the time I hit the road and I was completely burned out by the time I pulled into Jaimie's place in Mill Valley.

Miles logged: 382
Hours in car: 6
Went to sleep: 12:30am
Woke up to dog wanting to go out: 4am

To be continued...

1 comment:

Steve B said...

That picture(and your caption), are priceless!! Hahaha