Friday, October 30, 2009

Done

Another year, another market finished. Artwork created, materials printed, invoices submitted. All that's left is to delivering the finished products to the clients on Monday and Tuesday.

I did a little better than last spring's Cannes market. Maybe a 20% increase. But that's after more than a 60% decrease between last year's AFM market in November and Cannes in May. So, do these numbers give any hope that the recession is receding? Is there any chance I will make anything between now and Cannes 2010?

Anyway, here's some of the art I did this market...

This one is made up of four stock shots (the sky, the ocean, Liberty/skyline, Easter Island), but it took lots of dissections. The ocean is made up of at least ten layers of pieces. It was a hard one to do but fun and I'm pretty happy with the results:


Another disaster movie...they get harder and harder to come up with something original. This movie is already made but I still had to use a stock shot for the city and, of course, tear it up. Unfortunately, I don't have the budgets they have on movies like 2012...so I do the best I can with what I have:


This Dolph movie was the most troublesome of the bunch. This is the finish but I'm not taking full credit for it. After several misfires, I was asked to do something with a title card that someone in post had done. It was this, but Dolph was completely black and white on a dark gray background. They also did the title (weird that they picked the same face I had already used on Ice Twisters) and the blood splatter. I did the finish - there was actually a feather-duster looking plant between the back of the gun and Dolph's shoulder that I had to get rid of - and changed out the background. And since the original photo was in color I was able to do a desaturation on the color instead of going completely black and white:


This was one of the misfires. I think it's the best one - way more badass - and would have garnered more attention than the one they went with...oh well:

No comments: