Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Michael Bloomfield and Rick Wright

You are cordially invited to celebrate the 66th birthday of these two amazing and talented musicians.

July 28, 1943 was obviously a rare and magical day.

7/28/43-2/15/81

What can I say about Michael Bloomfield? One of my all-time favorite people. If you've read my book, , you know why.

Here's Michael playing with the late great Muddy Waters (another musician I photographed a couple of times but can't find the negatives) from the Chicago Blues Summit in 1974...



And what can I say about Rick Wright? He is such a huge part of music history. Even though he was quieter than most of his bandmates, his contribution to Pink Floyd was huge. As Dave Gilmour put it, "...his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognized Pink Floyd sound."

Rick Wright
7/28/43 – 9/15/08

This video from the late 80s not only shows off Rick's ability on keyboards but also his writing talent and his beautiful voice...



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL and RICK!
Wish You Were Here.






You can see lots more pictures and learn more about Michael Bloomfield and the 47 other musicians in my tribute book, . Rick Wright passed away after EISID was published but will continue to be honored on this blog and hopefully a part of a future new media version of my book.

No comments: