Friday, July 10, 2009

Associate

Yes, that's what I am. An associate. Not at a company like Rich Guy & Associates. Nope. I just got approved to be an Amazon associate. The idea came to me yesterday morning when I was watching a particular music film that has a particular artist in it (well, actually more than one) from my book and I was going to find a youtube version of this particular clip and post it to share with all of you.

Then it dawned on me. How great would it be if I could have a one-click system where anyone interested in picking up this particular music film could easily purchase it straight through my blog? Or the albums or mp3s from the music vids I post? Or cool movies and books I like? Or the lingerie I wear? (yeah, that last one was a complete joke since what I wear doesn't even qualify as underwear, much less lingerie). I'd seen the little Amazon logo on other people's blogs and websites before. I especially like the one that John August has on his where he's turned into a very simple and clean . I think that's what I want.

I went over to Amazon yesterday and filled out the paperwork that involved absolutely no paper...just a lot of work. And today, or maybe last night, I got an email from them saying I was approved. "Why isn't my little store of things I want to share here?" you ask. Well, unlike the brilliant John August, I am completely technically challenged. Which is why my blog is the sad boring cookie-cutter looking thing that it is. I'm figuring I could get by on the idea that content trumps beauty. But then again, John August has content that is over the moon if you are a screenwriter so that excuse is not gonna fly.

I think I have the information I need to set it up, although I'm not even sure it will work on a Blogger blog. But I am going to give it a shot as soon as I have some time to focus on it. Technology requires clear focus on my part. And two bottles of ginko whatever-it's-called. I would have gotten on it this morning but today was a crazy busy day in all the ways that are good and great so I just didn't have a minute to put toward my impending career as an associate.

If any of you awesome geek brains out there know anything about setting this thing up on Blogger, let me know in the comments or drop me a line. Because I really really have no idea.

Oops, now I need a photo of the day...actually, I'm way burned out and too lazy to hunt for an exciting photo so how about a drawing? This is something I posted on June 16, 2006 on a fun post called

I picked this one because a) it popped into my head as soon as I wrote "I need a photo" maybe because I posted something on them a couple of days ago, b) I'm guessing nobody who shows up here goes that far back into the archives (although you should because I think there's some good stuff back there) and c) because Steve B. mentioned them in the comments section of yesterday's post. I used to draw all the time. I really need to get back into drawing and painting. I'm going to put that on my list of to dos now that I'm simplifying my life so I'll have time to do things for me.

No comments: