Monday, July 06, 2009

Oh, F*ck

I have to post something...quick.

I completely lost track of time. Woke up late today - 10:42am to be exact - and never got a handle on the day. Totally forgot everything I had on the agenda. Maybe it's time I wrote everything down. In triplicate. Taped to every wall. So I don't forget.

Okay, anybody got a good idea on what I can throw up here for my Monday/almost Tuesday post? Anyone going to the Michael Jackson memorial at the Staples Center tomorrow? You know, the one that I'm paying for? I heard John Mayer is going. To participate but not to perform. I haven't been watching TV in the past few weeks but I've been hearing that it's been wall-to-wall MJ with a lot of gushing and kind and loving praise from the media. What's up with that? Is this the same media that did everything they could to derail him in the past ten or twenty years and are quite possibly responsible for several of the nails in his coffin?

What else? Well, since I'm not watching TV I have no idea what's going on outside of my own realm. It's actually kind of nice. It's giving me a peaceful easy feeling. And with that, let me see if I have a decent Eagles photo handy.

Decent...not great. I think this was my first Eagles show. I screwed up the roll in the developing. It's very grainy. And some of the frames were somewhat solarized. But the grain looks pretty cool on some of it. I'm going to have to play around with them - maybe colorize them - and see if I can rock them out of the park. But at six minutes in front of my posting deadline, this is what you get.

And the song...live from '73...before I shot or met them...Frey looks pretty good here and it's nice to see Meisner and Leadon...

No comments: