Monday, August 24, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Monday

Maybe someone played a cosmic joke on me and it's actually Tuesday...or Thursday. Because it can't be Monday. As I have written on probably more than one occasion in the past, I hate Mondays. I avoid doing anything that could have consequences on that fateful day.

So imagine my surprise today. I had tons of stuff on today's (generally having no choice in the matters at hand) and even though I was running on one cylinder every single thing I did ran as smooth as a baby's bum. From a successful morning meeting with a client to the great vibe that was running through tonight's writing group and everything in between, I have to say this Monday was a joy.

Maybe it had something to do with all the birthdays of my friends today. Last night I went to a birthday party for the Benson's. They're sisters born on the same day but three years apart. Both are bright shining lights in the Hollywood darkness. I only snapped two pictures - both with my iPhone - which was challenging considering the cramped space and dark lighting, although you wouldn't think that looking at them.

Julie is the blonde babe in the center and Shawna is behind her to the right looking like a 30' movie star in the black dress with the white flower in her hair...

I'm very happy with this next picture, lovin' it in fact...Julie whispering something in Kurt's ear...makes me wonder what she said...

Also celebrating today was Joe O who I got to birthday hug at the writer's group tonight.

And I wish a happy birthday to everyone else who is also celebrating their birthday on this best Monday.

And now it's time for me to catch up with the Sandman.

No comments: