Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Norton Buffalo

I don't think I ever met harmonica player Norton Buffalo and I'm pretty sure I never shot him, even though he played with tons of people I did shoot. These are the ones I found in the photo gallery on his website: Doobie Bros., Steve Miller, Mickey Hart, Little Feat, Taj Mahal, James Cotton, Paul Butterfield, Boz Scaggs, Harvey Mandel, Maria Muldaur, Neil Young, Jose Feliciano, Robben Ford, Jesse Colin Young. So, I'm pretty sure we were at least in the same air space at one time or another.

Sadly, Norton Buffalo passed away a few days ago, after being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in early September. He had just turned 58.

Norton Buffalo
9/28/51 - 10/30/09

Here's a sampling of his fine playing from a gig he did at the Golden Bear in the early eighties...

No comments: