Sunday, February 22, 2009

Papa John Creach and John Fahey

It was 15 years ago today that we lost fiddler Papa John Creach and 8 years ago today that guitarist John Fahey passed away. Both very talented musicians.

May 8, 1917 - February 22, 1994

I really loved shooting Papa John Creach.

I posted this video before but it's so sweet I'm putting it up again. It's a little reunion of Papa John and his Hot Tuna bandmate, the great Jorma Kaukonen.




February 28, 1939 - February 22, 2001

John Fahey was an amazing guitarist. My encounter with him is one of my stranger rock'n'roll stories. In this case, my usual position as photographer took a back seat to me being John's road manager for an out-of-town gig. It's a great story but you're going to have to read it in my book because it's far too entangled to post here.

This one's called Lion, and that he was...




You can see lots more pictures and learn more about Papa John, John Fahey and the 46 other musicians in my tribute book, .

No comments: