Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy Birthday John Fahey

I've mentioned this before. It really bugs me when people die right before they reach their next birthday. There are several musicians in my book that have died a week or two before their birthday. Shit, Alex Harvey died the day before his. When I die...I mean if I die...I want it to be at least one week after my birthday and no less than six months before my next birthday.

Anyway, John Fahey is another one. The anniversary of his death was just last Sunday and the anniversary of his birth is today. The 70th anniversary of his birth.

2/28/39-2/22/01

In last Sunday's post I think I intimated that my Fahey story was one of my best. Did I mention that it also includes the dog? The Santa in this picture is Mark Wilson, the Warner record rep who was so instrumental in helping me with my rock'n'roll photography career.

Here's some more John Fahey for your Saturday listening pleasure...




You can see lots more pictures and learn more about John Fahey, Mark Wilson and the 47 other musicians in my tribute book, .

No comments: