Sunday, June 21, 2009

John Lee Hooker

John Lee Hooker. One of the coolest of the cool. One of the nicest of the nice. One of my favorite subjects...if not my most favorite. It was such a privilege to shoot him and meet him.

He passed away 8 years ago today. Even though he lived a pretty long life, I wish he was still around. So I could see him play one more time. So I could take some more photographs of him.

I love, love, love him.

8/22/20 - 6/21/01

Here's an early version of Boom Boom...



What a legendary bluesman. Thanks for all the great music, Mr. Hooker.



You can see lots more pictures and learn more about John Lee Hooker and the 47 other musicians in my tribute book, .

2 comments:

Wild River Guitar said...

John lee is the king and best with canned heat

Wild River Guitar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.