Sunday, June 07, 2009

Where Does All The Time Go...

...and why don't I get enough done?

Anyone else have this problem? I put a new status up on Facebook today, "Deborah Chesher is chasing her imaginary tail." That pretty much tell the story. I feel like I'm busy every minute of every day but whenever I check in with myself I can't figure out what I've accomplished.

And right now I'm so freaking spent, my teeny tiny little brain can barely string enough words together to constitute a Sunday post. I hope it's still Sunday.

I'm still editing the road trip footage. I'm thinking that should have only taken a couple days, even with the Final Cut Pro learning curve. Yes, I believe I should be that brilliant. I was planning to meet with our esteemed director on Friday but something else came up that needed immediate attention and since she had an opening this Tuesday that allowed me to stop working on it full tilt. But now that Tuesday is looming, I will be in full tilt (oops, I almost left the 'l' out of 'tilt') mode - aw, fuck it - I'll be in full tit mode tomorrow.

What else have I been doing? I really have no idea. Oh yeah, been looking for income-bearing work. That's always good for some fun and joy. And I finally unpacked - okay there's still one suitcase lazing in the middle of the floor but I'm almost positive there's nothing in it. I did a load of laundry. I'm still killing flies. Went to the grocery store. Saw Up. Hope you got the correct meaning of possibly the shortest sentence I have written this week. Took the dogs to the puppy park at least once...maybe twice. Which is the perfect segue to today's photo(s)...

Whilst Drama was an expert at fetching the frisbee ring...

...he was flummoxed on how to bring it back...

...wondering if it was some new bling thing...

...or maybe something he should babysit.

And lastly but not leastly...I posted every day this week and am still maintaining my resolution to post every single day this year. Oh, oh, oh...I just looked at my stats on the side bar...do you see it?...I have written more posts this year (158 including this one) than I have in any of the three years previous...and it's only the beginning of June. I surpassed my best year (2007) 17 days ago. And I will surpass the combined total of posts in the past three years on the 15th of December. No wonder I am chasing my imaginary tail. Which reminds me...I need to get back to that.

Looking for to a super-productive week. I have a long list. If only I can get it all done.

1 comment:

Christy Latz said...

Deborah --

I *TOTALLY* feel your pain when it comes to running a million miles an hour and still feeling like you get nothing done! I was like that pretty bad at the end of this past school semester -- nearly burnt myself completely out. I'm a bit of a workaholic anyway, but being that I'm a college senior and preparing to graduate into a recession sooner than later, well.....let's just say I've regularly been on hyperdrive a lot lately. I totally understand what your going through -- I'm guessing that it's something that all professionally creative people go through from time to time. :)