Monday, March 16, 2009

How You Found Me

Most of the traffic that finds its way to my little cul de sac on the world wide web each day is -- crap, I forgot the buzz word -- is, is, is...what do they call traffic that's new?

And of that whatever-it's-called traffic, most comes through google image searches. The most popular picture that brings people to this blog has nothing to do with my book, but it just happens to be one of my favorite pictures that shows up eventually if you search headshave...

I'd say the most-searched musician from . is . Then there are the waves, where there's no search on a particular musician for a while and then suddenly there's a barrage. I'd understand it if it corresponded to the musician's birth or death day but it doesn't. Today's interest fell on Tim Buckley.

But my favorite searches are the one's that are looking for something that has nothing to do with me or my book. Let me see if I can find a few examples from the past few days...

1. Pictures of Dead Babies or Baby Delivery Pictures - By far the most popular. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to see a picture of a dead baby. I'm sure they're surprised when they end up on . Ha ha...bet they weren't expecting that.

2. Kitchen Mites - This is a close second. And I'm happy to report that my blog performs a service by providing extremely valuable information to those in need. This search will land you .

3. Brain Surgery - It's obvious why I get this one since I have reported on Jaimie's brain surgery ad nauseum, and it comes in all kinds of forms. Here's some recent ones: if you want to be a brain surgeon do you have to work on dead people - doctor headshave - sleepy after brain surgery - what are my risks of a 5 and a half hour surgery. I sincerely hope that each and every one of these searches found something helpful.

My favorite keyword search from today was shoot every body on the suitelife. In case you don't watch Saturday morning TV, the Suite Life is a kid's show about twin boys who live in a hotel. Yes, I have watched it on more than one occasion...I have no idea why. And I get that the show could be considered annoying, but wanting to shoot everybody on the show? Well, that's just not right. Is it?

I have to say, that what's really disconcerting is that my blog is the first item that comes up when potential murders target Zac and Cody on The Suite Life...I'm not kidding...

Oh, and thanks to whoever mentioned my Rory Gallagher tribute on the rorygallagher.com message board yesterday. Much appreciated.


No comments: